1. This is usually the first thing that I hear/see when I come down the stairs in the morning. If Mr. Swell is the first one up, Diefenbaker will just keep sleeping, but as soon as he hears me coming down the stairs he gets ready to start his shake/stretch routine. (You'll have to click through to see the video if you are reading in email).
2. These house numbers from Back Bay Pottery are so cute. We have no room on our current house for cute numbers (i.e. we have a miniscule little area on our front porch to attach numbers), but I am saving these ones in the back of my brain for when we move.
3. I feel like so many plans we had for this year are being postponed/changed because of other things that are happening in our lives. I'm trying really hard to stay positive and take it all one day at a time. I'm working on a post to explain it all, but it's taking me a while to compose it the way I want.
This quote helps. Thank you Marilyn.
4. ZIB Textiles makes these leggings for adults, but I'll be honest in that I know I don't have enough confidence to pull them off. My little one, however, can totally rock some crazy antelope (is that what they are??) leggings. The question now though is do I splurge on them now, or wait until she is a little bigger and less prone to slopping spaghetti sauce all over her lap.
5. Do you ever go back and look through your Pinterest boards? Sometimes I feel like I am a pinning fool just pinning every image that I find beautiful/interesting/calls my name, but when I went back through my house ideas board recently I was happy to discover that I am actually pinning images that mostly fall within the same aesthetic. It makes me feel a little more assured in my design choices....maybe I do actually have a style (a question that I sometimes can't answer....).
6. I've migrated all of the blogs I read daily from Google Reader to Bloglovin'. I hated that Reader was going away, but am pleasantly surprised with how much I like Bloglovin'. I read blogs using the 'frame' view, which allows me to see the full site and comment on posts all within Bloglovin'. If you read multiple blogs and haven't checked it out yet, I highly recommend giving it a try. And if you are so inclined, you can follow A Swell Place to Dwell here.
7. This tea infuser makes me laugh. Maybe tea would be so much more glamorous (or weird???) if it was in this guy instead of in plain old bags. "Throw some tea in your trousers" - ha!
8. Have you had a chance to check out the new site Blogger Homes (by Shannon and Dean who also write AKA Design)? It's a fun site where you can view blogger's homes by room, by blogger or by style. It's set up in a gallery format, so it feels much like Pinterest or Craftgawker. Each post on Blogger Homes links back to the original post. Check it out if you are looking for some inspiration.
9. I am in love with the song Gone, Gone, Gone by Phillip Philips. Have you heard it? Since we don't have cable I had no idea that he was American Idol - I think that's a good thing.
10. Someone is lookin' at you.....
11. I feel like this is turning into Diefenbaker's 13 things...he is such a photo bomber, because he's in the photo below too. (mostly he's just too big for me to move so if he's there he is staying).
I haven't been happy with the living room picture on our home tour page for quite some time now. It was taken before I had my DSLR camera and it was just so dark. I've updated it now. Here's how our living room looks today.
12. On a side note.....do you think I should trim the bottom of Fergus (our Fiddle Leaf Fig, of course!)? In case you aren't familiar with him, he's the giant green plant in the pic above. I've seen quite a few figs that look more tree-like than Fergus, and I kind of like it. I asked Mr. Swell his opinion and he told me to leave him alone....he said a plant grows how it wants. Maybe he has a point?
13. I really want Chocolate Covered Katie to be my next door neighbour (instead of the guy who plays his electric guitar too loud). I've already raved on about her Chocolate Cauliflower Cake and the Copycat Wendy's Vanilla Frosty, and now we are in love with the Chocolate Fudge Pops. Fin loves eating snow, which totally grosses me out, so I satisfy her need for cold with these. She loves them.
I know it's only Thursday, but what are you up to this weekend? Any exciting plans? Let's share.....