I am so excited for this giveaway. I don't have giveaways all that often because I promised myself with this blog that I would only give away things that I truly want myself. I can honestly say that I would proudly hang Joshua Best's art in our home.
Let me introduce you to Joshua Best, the man behind Geographic Designer. As his shop's name suggests, Joshua's art is based on geographic regions. His latest collection is entitled The Provincial Patterns Project, and it comes just in time for Canada Day.
As per Joshua's website, "the Provincial Patterns Project reimagines the symbolism of Canada's provinces and creates modern textures that reference traditional icons".
It's true - Josh has managed to pull icons that we would traditionally associate with each province and make them look cool, fresh, and modern. If you have followed this blog for a while then you might know that I am a total history and geography dork. I actually have a university degree in Canadian Studies (don't laugh), so I am a sucker for all things Canadiana and love the blend of traditional with modern.
I am an Alberta girl through and through, so you know I am going to be quite partial to the Alberta poster.
But, I also really like the Nova Scotia and Ontario posters.
You can check out the other 7 provinces in Joshua's Etsy shop. Don't you think all 10 of them lined up in simple white frames going down a hallway would look great? I even think they'd look great in a nursery with white walls and a white crib.
Don't worry my American friends, Joshua has also created the 50 States Design Project. Each state has its own poster that highlights the unique personality of that state.
Cool, right? Maybe you like the poster from your home state...or maybe the one you live in now...or another one that has another special meaning. Or maybe you are a geography dork like me and and want all 50 of them!
The good news....Joshua has graciously offered to give away one 11x17 poster from his shop to a reader (see details below). In addition to the giveaway, Joshua is also offering 15% off his entire Etsy shop to A Swell Place to Dwell readers. To redeem the discount just enter SWELL at checkout. The discount code is valid through to July 31.
Here's the fine print on how to enter:
- PRIZE: One 11 x 17 poster from Geographic Designer. Shipping within Canada or the United States.
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: One
- TO ENTER: Visit Geographic Designer on Etsy, pick your favourite poster in the shop and then come back here and leave a comment telling me which poster you've chosen.
- ADDITIONAL ENTRY: For a second entry, like Geographic Designer on Facebook OR follow Geographic Designer on Twitter. After you have 'liked' or 'followed' then come back here and leave a SECOND comment telling me you did so. Only one additional entry is permitted (2 total). (While you are at it, it would also be great if you like A Swell Place to Dwell on Facebook....shameless plug!)
- GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Tuesday June 25, 2013 at 6:00 pm mountain time
- PRIZE SHIPS TO: Canada or the United States.
If your blog is private, or you comment anonymously please be sure to leave your email address with your comment. Use (at) and (dot) so that the spammers (ugh, annoying spammers) don't glom onto your email (eg. aswellplacetodwell(at)gmail(dot)com).
Note: All items were provided for this giveaway. A Swell Place to Dwell was not paid for this giveaway. Last day to enter the giveaway is June 25, 2013. 6:00 pm Mountain Time. The winner will have 72 hours to get back to me after I email them. If the first winner does not respond in 72 hours, a second winner will be chosen. This giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada residents only.